OWWLAC Meeting, May 22, 2012

Attendees

E. Robinson (CAS), M. Correia (CS), C. Gravelle (WIL), B. Horn (GPL/Central), T. Streb (LYO), S. Wicksall (RJ), J. Frey (PLS), B. Morris (PLS), L. Stratton (PLS)

Excused

Anna Grace (WADS)

Old Business / Updates from Previous Action Items

New Business

Lindsay Stratton presents: What's new in Evergreen 2.2 (brief presentation of new features)

Items for discussion:
  • Statistical Categories: Residency and School District Code consolidation : OOS
  • Audiobook "close enough" cataloging change
  • Multiple format combos (MP3 & CD audio for audiobooks; DVD & Blu-ray for videos) split records and circ as separate items (related packaging costs) versus one record and single circ : review of current practice
  • Break out Lost items from monthly copy-status report
Additional items submitted during the meeting:
  • Age-protect all new items (C. Gravelle)
  • Patron damaging items (substituting items for like items; removing bar codes, book jackets, etc.) at LYO, ROS, WOL, SOS, and CLY (T. Streb)

Actions

  • PLS will consolidate residency and school district codes after v2.2 upgrade.
  • OWWLAC reps will check with other libraries to determine handling/cataloging of combo items.
  • PLS will determine status/availability of hold-failure notification in v2.2
  • PLS will develop a new monthly copy-status LOST report (removing Lost items from the current copy status report).
  • T. Streb will confer with other affected libraries and bar patron with concensus/cooperation of other directors.

Outcomes

  • Statistical categories should be consolidated: all non-contiguous stat cats changed to OOS.
  • Cataloging policy for 'close enough' records accepted.
  • Multiple format combo tabled for further review: reps gathering information on policies at other libraries. No system-wide policy established at this time.
  • Lost items should be made into a separate report with additional data where applicable.
  • Majority of reps support using age protect for all new items. Reps will bring the issue before PLSDAC on June 1.
  • No system-wide policy set regarding patrons who routinely damage items.
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding OWWL Docs? Send feedback
This website is using cookies. More info. That's Fine